Hospice from the Heart
At Arizona Compassionate Hearts Hospice, we provide personalized services that are designed to support our patients and their families in every way possible. Our patients are cared for by a dedicated Hospice Care Team, which includes:
- Primary Care Physicians that work with you and your family to determine when it is time for hospice.
- Hospice Medical Directors (Physicians) that work with our team to oversee care and assist with managing your pain and medical symptoms.
- Registered Nurses who are responsible for managing patient’s care. They ensure patients are comfortable and assist in reducing any secondary symptoms should they arise.
- A Hospice Aide is available to assist with basic self-care tasks including bathing and personal hygiene.
- A Medical Social Worker is available to assist with emotional support and community resources as well as living wills and advanced care planning.
- Chaplains provide comfort and counseling for patients and their families in addition to coordinating with clergy of your own faith for support. Our chaplains are non-denominational.
- Our Volunteer Coordinator and volunteers can assist with providing respite for the family caregiver to run errands, assisting with chores or providing companionship.
- Bereavement Coordinators are available to assist patients and families with loss and grief throughout and after the patient’s journey.
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists are available to assist with safety and management of our patients’ environment to improve overall comfort.
Services & Care Options
- Staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist all patients.
- Services are provided in the patient’s home, wherever home may be; a private residence, an assisted living, an independent living or a nursing facility.
- Our staff is specially trained in pain and symptom management.
- Medications necessary to manage symptoms related to terminal illness are provided by Arizona Compassionate Hearts Hospice.
- Medical equipment and supplies needed to manage and improve the overall comfort of care will be provided by Arizona Compassionate Hearts Hospice.
Levels of Care Provided
- Routine Home Care: Regular hospice care provided in patient’s home.
- Continuous Home Care: Provided during times of crisis in which a patient requires continuous nursing care to achieve palliation or management of acute medical symptoms. This intensive care is provided in the patient’s home or facility where they live.
- General Inpatient Care: For pain control and symptom management that cannot effectively be provided in other settings.
- Respite Care: Short-term inpatient care provided to the patient when necessary for the purpose of providing a break in caregiving to the patient’s caregiver(s). It is only provided on an occasional basis, for a maximum of five days approximately every 90 days.